Data science aims to extract actionable insights from vast arrays of information. Drawing on techniques and theories from statistics, computer science and mathematics, the program focuses on the effective analysis and use of large data.
Through a structured curriculum that provides foundational knowledge as well as applicable skills, the Data Science Program at GW is constantly evolving to adapt to the information-sharing landscape.
- Interdisciplinary curriculum across a half-dozen specialties
- Internships and collaboration with major organizations and agencies in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area
- One-on-one mentoring with advisors and faculty members
- Practical application of problem solving, communication and teamwork skills
- Capstone projects that provide real-world experience
Director of Outreach and Operations
Data Science Master’s Program
"We partner with numerous startups, the FDA, the Department of Defense, the Department of Homeland Security [and] the NIH. So the opportunities inside federal organizations for data experts are limitless."