Career Tools to Get Started
- Github is a platform to develop, maintain and ship your software. Make sure your Github page is stellar by reviewing the Introduction to Github for Data Scientists.
- Check out the GitHub Student Developer Pack, which has information about AWS Cloud resources, GitHub Pro, Azure and Heroku Dyno.
- Practice your interviewing skills with GW Interview Stream.
- Visit VMOCK to update your resume and utilize other career-related tools 24/7.
- Head over to GW Career Connect to watch a 5-minute video to learn how to connect with GW alumni.
GW Handshake and Career Advising
Handshake is an online career management tool for jobs, internships, and on-campus recruiting. Students should use their gwmail email address as their username to log into Handshake for one-on-one appointments. Alumni usernames are initially set to their current email address. Email [email protected] if you have difficulty logging in.
To access the advisement schedule:
- Select ‘Schedule a New Appointment’
- Select ‘CCAS – Graduate’
- Select ‘Student & Alumni Advisement Appointment’
- Select ‘Data Science – CCAS’