Current and prospective graduate Data Science students can reach out to their academic advisors for questions about the program, course selection, and other academic support.
- Last name begins with letter A through J: Professor Hazim Shatnawi
- Last name begins with letter K through O: Professor Amir Jafari
- Last name begins with letter P through Z: Professor Ryan Engstrom
Data Science Curriculum Map
There are multiple pathways to earning your master’s degree in Data Science. Among the numerous options, two of the most popular pathways are data scientist and data engineer which are mapped out in the Data Science Curriculum Map (PDF). Note: The Curriculum Map only serves as a guide to support your career planning. With permission from the Director, students can also take courses across the University in areas such as Geospatial Analysis (GIS), Applied Economics, Statistics, Biostatistics, Computer Science and more.
Data Science Help Desk
Experiencing issues with any program-required software installation or updates? Visit the Data Science Helpdesk for technical assistance, available to graduate and undergraduate students in the program.
Technical support is available throughout the semester at Desk 1, Room 304, Samson Hall on weekdays from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM. Students can also schedule a remote support session by sending an email to [email protected].
Handshake is an online career management tool for jobs, internships, and on-campus recruiting.
To sign into Handshake, students should use their gwmail email address as their username. Email [email protected] if you have difficulty logging in.
Visit the student employment website to apply for on-campus student jobs.
Graduate Student Resources
- Register for Classes
- Academic Calendar
- University Research Opportunities and CCAS Research Opportunities
- CCAS Graduate Student Forms
- Applying to Graduation
- International Services Office (ISO)
- Academic Commons
- Student Accounts Office
- Office of Student Financial Assistance
- Office of Graduate Student Assistantships and Fellowships
- CCAS Graduate Studies Academic Policies
- Consortium of the Universities of the Washington DC Metropolitan area
- Military and Veteran Service
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- GW Libraries and Electronic Journals
- GW Language Center
- Campus Life 101: Managing Stress
- CCAS Graduate Student Newsletter
- CARE Team
- Onward GW - COVID Response
- GW On-Campus Jobs
- GW Language Center/Everyday English
- Enrollment Certificates
- GW Office of Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Linkedin Learning Account
- ISO Reduced Course Load (RCL for F-1) – Address Requests to: [email protected].
- Professional Headshot Booth
- GW Coders
- GW Data Science Student Association